The following principles underpin the work that CCN undertakes to reduce inequalities for Pacific Communities:
- Understand the real diversities of Pacific communities "ethnicities, age, "resident" status, location, extent of community development, extent of interaction with wider community, languages"
- Recognise the need for a multi-faceted, coordinated approach
- Identify Pacific community strengths and established networkds and utilise in addressing inequalities
- Facilitate linkages and opportunities to build relationships between Pacific communities and cancer services
- The voices of Pacific communities and those of cancer services are equally important
- Clearly identify the extent to which inequalities are impacted on by cultural issues versus "other" issues
- Develop key strategies with Pacific groups
Our work is undertaken primarily by the Equity Manager with the support of the rest of the CCN Management Team.
Last updated 14th February 2012