The active involvement of key stakeholders, consumers, carers and communities is a fundamental principle of the New Zealand Cancer Control Strategy.
Consumers are people who have had a personal experience of cancer services or close support persons providing unpaid care to a cancer patient
Consumer Representatives are consumers who provide a consumer view on cancer control services across the continuum
Participation occurs when consumers, carers and community members are meaningfully involved in decision making about cancer control planning and service improvement, and the wellbeing of themselves and the community
Consumer participation can happen at all levels of health care.
Our consumer participation strategies include:
- Committee / Advisory Group work - participating on a committee or advisory group as a consumer representative
- Focus group activity - coming together as a group of consumers to provide information on a specific issue
- Contribution to research and policy - providing comment on specific documents / strategies or engaging with research
If you are interested in contributing from a consumer or carer perspective please contact Stephanie Fletcher, Project Manager - Consumer Engagement, phone 06 350 8986 or email Stephanie.Fletcher2@midcentraldhb.govt.nz
The position description outlines the requisite skills in the person specification section. You will need to complete our expression of interest form. Orientation and training will be supported as appropriate.
- Consumer Expression of Interest Registration
- Position description for a consumer or carer representative
Last updated 6th May 2014