CCN Care Coordinators Forum
CCN established a regional Cancer Care Coordinators Forum to provide an opportunity to gain a better understanding of different care coordination roles and models of care based on location, tumour groups, service settings and people involved. Examples of care co-ordination roles include (but are not limited to):
- Cancer nurses - primary, secondary and tertiary - service based as well as tumour based
- Adolescent / Young Adult Cancer Co-ordinators
- Cancer Social Workers
- Cancer Society Liaison Nurses
- Iwi based cancer co-ordinators
The role of the forum is to;
- contribute and support cancer care coordinators functioning and share information and good practices
- discuss issues and troubleshoot problems
- have input and work on relevant components of the Central Cancer Network's work programme.
Meeting dates for 2010
- Dates for 2010 are yet to be set but we anticipate 3 - 4 tele / video conferences and one full day face-to-face meeting. Details of the face-to-face meeting, such as date and location, will be advised as soon as possible.
Open to all stakeholders in the CCN Region who have an interest in and/or work in the area of cancer care coordination.