These resources will help to support implementation of the framework. Please contact CCN at CentralCancerNetwork2@midcentraldhb.govt.nz if you feel you know of an appropriate resource to add to our webpage.
Understanding the Supportive Care Model
Understanding the Supportive Care Model
· Supportive Care Model - Literature Review Summary
· Supportive Care Standards – Literature Review Summary
· JPEG of Supportive Care Model
Service Improvement Competencies
· A series of resources and practical guides on improving health care with a person centered focus from the Health Foundation.
· The equity framework to guide actions to improve Maori Health gains.
· CancerControl Alberta - Supportive Care Framework
Cultural Safety Competencies
· CALD courses and resources support the health workforce to develop CALD cultural competence for working with clients, families and colleagues
· Online foundation course in Cultural Competency for health as well as other resources.
· A brief outline of Māori Models of Health.
· Equity Framework also in Appendix 3.
· Te Pou
· Te Puni Kōkiri. Explanations of concepts such as Whānau Ora.
Interpersonal Communication Competencies
· He Kāhui Kōrero Taumahatanga o te Mate Pukupuku Cancer Stories ProjectAotearoa / New Zealand narratives of encounters with cancer.
· A useful short video which considers the language we use in palliative care.
· Improving cancer patient experience an easy to read guide.
Information Support Competencies
· Mybc is an online community for New Zealanders affected by breast cancer - a place to connect and share experiences and to ask questions and get support from a qualified breast nurse.
· Information resources are often a key activity of the Cancer NGO’s. Refer to their websites for availability of information about disease specific resources.
· http://www.healthnavigator.org.nz provides information and links to a variety of health conditions.
· Guidance for Improving Supportive Care for Adults with Cancer in New Zealand (2010) has a section on Alternative and Complimentary Medicine.
Social Support Competencies
· Information on Social Care in NZ including family services, older adults and other services
· Community Agencies which support refugees http://www.refugeetraumarecovery.org.nz/programmeservices/programmes-2 https://www.redcross.org.nz/what-we-do/in-new-zealand/refugee-programmes
Psychological Support Competencies
· Psychosocial Oncology New Zealand www.ponz.org.nz.
Care and Support Coordination Competencies
· Person centered care video around how to improve shared decision making
· An organisation which works with families who may have several services involved with them to improve coordination.
· An outline of resources across the palliative care spectrum
· Ministry of Health. (2014). Building of Knowledge and Skills for Cancer Nursing. Wellington: Ministry of Health. Has a section on Care Coordination skills and expectations.
· Te Ara Whakapiri (Last days of Life)
Whānau Support Competencies
· Enduring Power of Attorney – Summary – Buddle Findlay
· A diagram which explains the concepts behind Whānau Whānau Ora.
· Level One free training on understanding advance care planning.
· www.skylight.org.nz Resources on Grief and Loss for children.
· Cancer in the Family Booklet available from the Cancer Society which provides advice on talking to children.
Wairua and Spirituality Competencies
· A link to Dr Richard Egan work “What is Spirituality” NZ based work.
· NHS Education in Scotland. Spiritual Care Matters. An introductory resource for all NHS Scotland Staff (2009). This is an education resource aimed at health staff.
Living with and Beyond Cancer Competencies
· An online education course http://cancerlearning.org.au/topics/survivorship
· Outline of considerations for children with link to LEAP information http://www.kidshealth.org.nz/long-term-follow-childhood-cancer
· A UK based resource that provides an outline of a variety of impacts in an easily understood format. Cured but at What Cost Long term Consequences of Cancer and its treatment (July 2013) MacMillan Cancer Support.